Whether you’re a complete novice at evangelism, children/youth work or an old hand with lots of experience, a week on EBM will be challenging, exciting and above all great fun. On Saturday we spend the day getting to know one another, praying about the week ahead and studying God’s word. We also go through the basic evangelism techniques we will be using throughout the week.
Every morning after team devotions we have a practical ‘workshop’ time where we receive further training and prepare/rehearse the afternoon programme.
From Monday to Friday we will be down on the beach from 1pm building a huge ‘sandcastle’ with the kids, followed by energetic games on the beach from 2pm. This time gives us a fantastic opportunity to build relationships with the children and to talk to them about Jesus as we have fun together. From about 3pm onwards we have our afternoon ‘meeting’ which involves action songs, quizzes, drama, Bible stories, memory verses and personal testimonies which the whole team participate in and lead.
We also go down to the beach at 7pm where we run a ‘family’ activity and shorter presentation usually involving a sketchboard gospel talk, a testimony and songs.
Throughout the week you will…
- Wear a bright yellow t-shirt!
- Learn how to share the gospel on a one-to-one basis with children, young people and adults.
- Become a ‘Fool for Christ’ as we sing, dance, act and generally look a little bit silly in front of large numbers of children!
- Learn how to give your testimony to different age groups.
- Have a great time getting to know a random group of strangers who all love Jesus.
- Learn how to communicate the good news of Jesus Christ clearly.
- Grow closer in your relationship with God.
- Have fun!